Go Inside the Ink to See What’s New in Cybersecurity News
Cybersecurity News & Analysis
- 3 Ways That Social Media is a Data Breach Risk – and How to Fight Back
- Spear Phishing Threats Rise as Dark Web Data Grows
- The Week in Breach Cybersecurity and Breach News 09/09/20 – 09/15/20
- Cybersecurity Disaster Preparedness 101: Incident Response Planning
- 10 Facts About Cybersecurity Disasters in 2020
- 3 Ways to Avoid Being the Catch of the Day in the 2020 Phishing Boom
- 10 Facts About the Danger of Cybercrime as a Service
- MSPs: Use These Tools to Sell Dark Web Monitoring
- Identity and Access Management Rules Top CISO Priorities
We publish new posts every weekday featuring cybersecurity news, threat analysis, expert analysis, and simple, cost-effective solutions to help you prepare for the threats of tomorrow. BOOKMARK IT>>
SEPTEMBER BLOG FEATURES
It’s National Preparedness Month. While you’re updating your Home Disaster Preparedness Plan, you should update your Cybersecurity Disaster Preparedness Plan too. Every Thursday, we’ll be featuring advice and solutions to help you prepare for cybersecurity disasters, including:
NEW CYBERSECURITY NEWS: SEE THE THREAT OF THE WEEK & HOW TO STOP IT
Nation-State Hackers and Shadowy Groups Are Ramping Up Their Attacks on Targets in Every Sector – But You Can Quickly Boost Your Defense (at a Great Price!)
Nation-state hackers have been making headlines in 2020 with bold, damaging hacks on entities around the world, in every industry from huge government agencies to small private firms. They’re not always after data or secrets either – for some of these nebulous groups, their attacks are successful if they cause disruption and make the news.
Here are a few of the latest troubling examples of nation-state and shadow hackers going after a variety of targets:
- Chinese hackers have been attacking the Vatican and Catholic organizations
- Russian hackers launched an unsuccessful campaign against Tesla
- Turkish hackers took a swing at the Austrian parliament
- Chinese hackers are indicted for cybercrime targeting over 100 US agencies and firms
- Iranian hackers are pouncing on business and personal VPNs
- Australia experienced a blizzard of nation-state attacks shutting down everything from government agencies to breweries
- A storm of hacking is keeping health cybersecurity teams busy as state-backed hackers go for COVID-19 data
- This timeline of state-sponsored hacks details more attacks
See our analysis of the biggest threat of 2020 and learn how to avoid cybercriminal nets!
Take a few simple but powerful actions to throw up roadblocks that are extremely effective against the most common routes of attack that nation-state hackers will take:
Protect your systems and data from phishing.
85% of cyberattacks today contain a phishing component. The absolute first thing on your list should be protecting your business from phishing, and we’re here to help, with a powerful 1 -2 punch against today’s biggest threat. BullPhish ID trains employees to become your best line of defense against phishing instead of your biggest risk, Follow that up with strong automated phishing protection from Graphus with a smart AI that never stops learning to put 3 layers of protection between phishing and your business. SEE VIDEO DEMOS OF BULLPHISH ID & GRAPHUS>>
Protect your systems from credential stuffing.
80% of data breaches last year were caused by password compromise. Start using a secure identity and access management solution immediately. Passly packs all of the tools that you need in one cost-effective package. not only get multifactor authentication and single-sign-on, but you also get secure password vaults and easy remote management allowing IT teams to act to prevent intrusions anytime, anywhere. SEE A VIDEO DEMO OF PASSLY>>
Protect your back by watching for Dark Web threats.
60% of the information on the Dark Web can harm businesses. Today’s Dark Web is more dangerous than ever before – and world economic challenges are only making data brokers and bad actors hungrier for information, from logins to research data. Dark Web ID enables you to keep an eye on Dark Web threats to your business from compromised credentials, enabling you to close security gaps fast. SEE A VIDEO DEMO OF DARK WEB ID>>
Learn More About Ransomware to Learn to Defend Your Business
Ask any cybersecurity professional what keeps them up at night, and ransomware is sure to top the list. One of today’s thorniest cybersecurity threats, ransomware seems hard to grasp because it’s hard to pin down – but ransomware can not only impact your busiess, it can destroy it.
We’re here to help. Ransomware 101 gives you a clear, precise view of ransomware threats and how to fight back against them including:
- A clear, simple explanation of how ransomware works, the ransomware lifecycle, and how ransomware infects your systems
- Lots of information served in bite-sized pieces, backed up with hard data
- Easy steps that you can take to protect your data and systems from ransomware
Read Ransomware 101 to learn everything you need to know about ransomware and how to stop it. DOWNLOAD RANSOMWARE 101>>
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT LAST WEEK MSPs: See what really happens in the bustling data markets of the Dark Web in this expert-led webinar to see how to protect your clients SEE IT>>
ID AGENT’s Digital Risk Protection Platform and Security Awareness Training empowers every business to fight back against Dark Web threats!
Join forces with us to gain access to our industry-leading sales and marketing support – we’ll even join you on tough sales calls!
Our Partners and Channel colleagues have valuable insight into cybersecurity today – and great stories to tell! Contribute a guest post to our blog and let’s hear all about it!
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!