Go Inside the Ink to See What’s New in Cybersecurity News
Cybersecurity News & Analysis
- Get Ready to REBOUND With SKOUT, Exclusively Sponsored by ID Agent
- 3 Crash Courses in Cybersecurity for MSPs
- 10 Facts About Supply Chain Risks That You Need to See
- 4 Reasons Why Automatic Phishing Defense with Graphus is a Must-Have
- The Week in Breach: Data Breach News 09/23/20 – 09/29/20
- ID Agent’s Amelia Paro Named One of “CRN’s 100 People That You Don’t Know But Should”
We publish new posts every weekday featuring cybersecurity news, threat analysis, expert analysis, and simple, cost-effective solutions to help you prepare for the threats of tomorrow. BOOKMARK IT>>
OCTOBER BLOG FEATURES
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
- We’ll be publishing content all month long that focuses on specific cybersecurity problems and what you need to know to solve them.
- In the spirit of the season, we’ll be releasing a new installment of this month’s feature “A Cybersecurity Professional’s Worst Nightmares” every Thursday, showcasing a series of spine-chilling cybersecurity horrors and how you can defeat them.
- A new Security Awareness Training eBook will be coming your way soon, stay tuned!
NEW CYBERSECURITY NEWS: SEE THE THREAT OF THE WEEK & HOW TO STOP IT
Insider Threats Leap Into the Spotlight with a Brazen Example of Malicious Insider Chaos
No company wants to think that one of their staffers may be trying to harm the business instead of help it, but that’s frequently the case, especially in tumultuous times like these. While the vast majority of insider threats are from well -meaning but incautious employees, 23% of insider threat incidents are the result of deliberate, malicious acts – as Shopify discovered to their horror this month.
As we reported in The Week in Breach, Shopify recently experienced a malicious insider security incident in which two support team employees were involved in a scheme to steal customer transaction records from specific merchants. While only about 20 shops were affected, several high-profile merchants were targeted, including influencer Kylie Jenner’s high-profile line Kylie Cosmetics.
The data exposed includes client details like email, name, and street address, as well as order details, but did not involve complete payment card numbers or financial information. The data was acquired by the rogue staffers around September 15th. Both employees were terminated and an investigation is ongoing.
Insider incidents like this are becoming more frequent in the remote work era as companies overlook sloppy security practices, rely on more unsanctioned cloud applications, and employ less stringent data access policies following the great work from home rush in the wake of COVID-19. Many companies haven’t sufficiently beefed up security to account for no longer having the native protections that are in place in their offices.
A challenging economy is also a contributing factor. With booming Dark web data markets and big unemployment numbers world wide and widespread fear over more economic calamity if the pandemic continues, many workers are looking to make a quick buck any way they can, and sometimes that means selling you out.
Selling data like this isn’t the only thing that staffers are turning to for profit – cybercrime as a service is a hot category. You don’t have to be a skilled hacker to make money from cybercrime either. Systems access, passwords, research and blueprints, data transference, or money laundering are also in-demand skills that your staff could be selling.
Learn how to get your business ready to grow, make it more resilient, and set yourself up for success in 2021 from Channel superstars at Skout’s REBOUND 2020 – exclusively sponsored by ID Agent! REGISTER NOW>>>
Malicious insider threats can put your company’s data and reputation at risk as well as cost you a fortune, and you need to find potential rogue employees before they strike.
Take sensible precautions to protect your business from insider threats and put early warning tools in place so that you can spot and stop threats like this before they wreak havoc on your business.
- Download our resource package “Stop Insider Threats” and learn to spot red flags with our our “6 Things You Need to Know About Insider Threats” whitepaper and “Combatting Insider Threats” eBook
- Put strong controls on your points of entry in place with secure identity and access management. Watch this video that shows how Passly helps you make sure that the right people have access to the right things ( and only the right people at the right levels quickly and easily.
- Keep an eye on the Dark Web to stay ready for trouble and be on the lookout for your company’s stolen or leaked credentials. See Dark Web ID in action to learn more about how it increases your security by alerting you to threats like potentially compromised credentials.
These Two New Webinars Are Out Of This World!
Phishing Confidential: Offense and Defense Playbooks of a Phishing Attack Revealed
If you want to learn how to better protect your business from phishing, you need to understand both sides of the equation. In this webinar, our experts each take a side in a phishing attack simulation and to take you behind the scenes to reveal the tricks in each side’s playbook.
- ID Agent Security Analyst Duncan Miller will demonstrate live how phishing-related cyberattacks endanger businesses
- Co-founder and CEO of Graphus Manoj Srivastava will show you how to defend your businesses from phishing-related cyberattack danger
You’ll see real attacks and real defenses that show how you can make smart moves to defend your business from today’s biggest threat!
A Cybersecurity Trilogy: PREDICT
The first installment of our epic cybersecurity webinar series is ready for you to explore. Join Dr. Jessica Barker, a Cybersecurity & Human Behavior expert (and named one of the Top 20 Most Influential Women in Cyber Security in the UK), and Minoj Srivastava, CEO of Graphus for a fascinating look at how psychology can be used by cybercriminals to cause trouble.
- See how social engineering can influence human behavior
- Learn how phishing attacks can slip by even the savviest staffers
- Gain insight into how you can defend your business from hacker tricks
You’ll be riveted to this in depth look at the human side of cybersecurity, and gain valuable knowledge that you can use to protect your data and systems from cybercrime.
There are still two must-see webinars left in the Cybersecurity Trilogy series. Learn more and reserve your seat for them today! RESERVE A SEAT >>
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT LAST WEEK MSPs: We have an awesome calendar of virtual events coming up as 2020 draws to a close. Don’t miss these excellent opportunities to network, learn, and grow! SEE OUR EVENTS LIST>>
ID AGENT’s Digital Risk Protection Platform and Security Awareness Training empowers every business to fight back against Dark Web threats!
Join forces with us to gain access to our industry-leading sales and marketing support – we’ll even join you on tough sales calls!
Our Partners and Channel colleagues have valuable insight into cybersecurity today – and great stories to tell! Contribute a guest post to our blog and let’s hear all about it!