Go Inside the Ink to See What’s New in Cybersecurity News & Defense
Cybersecurity News & Analysis
- Credential Stuffing Attacks Cause FBI Concern
- MSPs: Improve Phishing Defense to Stop Clients from Falling for Phishing
- Remote Work Phishing Threats Aren’t Slowing Down
- The Week in Breach: Data Breach News 09/30/20 – 10/06/20
- Security Awareness Training Works – If You Maintain It
- 4 Reasons Why Automated Phishing Defense With Graphus is a Must-Have
We publish new posts every weekday featuring cybersecurity news, threat analysis, expert analysis, and simple, cost-effective solutions to help you prepare for the threats of tomorrow. BOOKMARK IT>>
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
This year’s theme for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month is “Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart,” encouraging individuals and organizations to “own their role in protecting their part of cyberspace.”
As we wrap up week 1, take a look at our 2020 Top 10 Facts Lists to get a quick assessment of the state of cybersecurity in 2020.
- 10 Facts About Supply Chain Risk That You Need to See
- 10 Essential Facts About Cybercrime in 2020
- 10 Game-Changing 2020 Data Breach Statistics
- 10 2020 Ransomware Statistics That You Need to See
- 10 Alarming Statistics About Phishing in 2020
- 10 Dark Web Facts You Need to See Right Now
CYBERSECURITY NEWS: THE THREAT OF THE WEEK & HOW TO STOP IT
Business Email Compromise Sneaks Up on You & Strikes When You Least Expect It
Phishing attacks are already a menace that every business has to watch out for daily. That vigilance is equally important when watching out for other email scams like business email compromise (BEC), as was recently illustrated by a massive BEC scam that netted more than $15 million.
This nasty campaign has ensnared more than 150 organizations worldwide including law enforcement, construction, finance, retail and more. So how have cybercriminals been able to trick top executives into believing in their fraud and transferring them large sums of money?
By using a classic impersonation scheme juiced up with some social engineering and empowered by security vulnerabilities. In this campaign, bad actors are exploiting vulnerabilities in Office 365 to trick unwary recipients into believing that their email is coming from a senior executive at a trusted company to devastating effect. The scam is still ongoing, so how can you protect your business?
Learn how to get your business ready to grow, make it more resilient, and set yourself up for success in 2021 from Channel superstars at Skout’s REBOUND 2020 – exclusively sponsored by ID Agent! REGISTER NOW>>>
Scammers are finding clever ways to disguise themselves as top executives from reputable companies to deploy malicious emails that trick other companies into transferring them money.
Business email compromise scams are almost inevitably phishing-based. Add extra defensive measures, update phishing resistance training, and stay informed about phishing danger to protect your business from cybercriminal tricks.
- Graphus sends up the red flag to warn you of trouble. Smart, automated phishing defense with Graphus is a simple, cost-effective way to put three layers of protection that’s uniquely suited to your business between a malicious message and your staff. Graphus stops 90% of phishing attempts and warns employees about suspicious messages. LEARN MORE>>
- Learn the facts about phishing threats in 2020. Our eBook ‘Fresh Phish: How to Not Become the Catch of the Day in the 2020 Phishing Boom” is full of important facts about phishing and tips for mitigations that you can put in place fast to neutralize phishing threats. GET THIS BOOK>>
- Keep phishing resistance training up-to-date painlessly with BullPhish ID. Security awareness training including phishing resistance works – regular training can reduce cybersecurity incidents by 70%. Make training a snap for everyone involved with BullPhish ID’s easy remote management and a huge library of more than 80 plug-and-play phishing simulation kits including video lessons and online testing. SEE IT IN ACTION>>
See the Full Story of Why Ransomware is All the Rage in 2020
Some things never go out of style. Aviator sunglasses. Red lipstick. Ransomware. See why this growing menace dominates the cybersecurity conversation in 2020 and looks like it will continue its reign as the hottest cybercrime trend of 2021 You’ll learn:
- The latest facts about the impact and evolution of ransomware
- Strategies to secure your systems and data fast
- Important things to consider about IT spending to protect your business
Ready for a Phishing Trip?
Protecting your business from ransomware means protecting your business from phishing attacks, the most common delivery vehicle of ransomware. Join us as we partner with Zeguro for “Gone Phishin’: How to Identify and Mitigate Phishing Attacks” on Oct 22, 2020 at 11:00 AM Pacific. You’ll get to:
- Take a deep dive into the mechanics and social engineering that clever cybercriminals use to craft an effective phishing email
- See how AI can help you protect your systems and data cost-effectively
- Get expert advice from Channel leaders including Manoj Srivastava, CEO of Graphus and Ellen Zhang, Digital Marketing Manager at Zeguro
Should we save you a seat for this exciting event? RESERVE A SEAT>>
COVID-19 changed everything – including the Dark Web. See how in our free eBook “State of the Dark Web 2020” GET IT>>
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT LAST WEEK MSPs: There are still two must-see webinars left in the Cybersecurity Trilogy series. Learn more and reserve your seat for them today! SIGN UP >>
ID AGENT’s Digital Risk Protection Platform and Security Awareness Training empowers every business to fight back against Dark Web threats!
Join forces with us to gain access to our industry-leading sales and marketing support – we’ll even join you on tough sales calls!
Our Partners and Channel colleagues have valuable insight into cybersecurity today – and great stories to tell! Contribute a guest post to our blog and let’s hear all about it!