Go Inside the Ink to See What’s New in Cybersecurity News & Defense
Cybersecurity News & Analysis
- Security Awareness Training Works – If You Maintain It
- TrickBot Hit with 1 –2 Punch as Election Security Concern Grows
- Are You Including IoT Danger in Your Cybersecurity Planning?
- The Week in Breach: 10/07/20 – 10/13/20
- Don’t Get Tricked by GDPR Compliance Phishing Scams
- Remote Work Phishing Threats Aren’t Slowing Down
We publish new posts every weekday featuring cybersecurity news, threat analysis, expert analysis, and simple, cost-effective solutions to help you prepare for the threats of tomorrow. BOOKMARK IT>>
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
This year’s theme for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month is “Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart,” encouraging individuals and organizations to “own their role in protecting their part of cyberspace.”
As we wrap up week 2, take a deep dive into 2020’s biggest threat: phishing
- MSPs: Improve Phishing Defense to Stop Clients From Falling for Phishing This Fall
- Spear Phishing Threats Rise as Dark Web Data Grows
- Don’t Get Caught by the Top Cybersecurity Threat of 2020: Phishing
- Cybersecurity and COVID-19: 4 Lessons Learned
- Seriously, the 2020 Twitter Hack Culprit Was a Phished Password
CYBERSECURITY NEWS: THE THREAT OF THE WEEK & HOW TO STOP IT
Low Cybersecurity Standards + Poor Security Awareness Training = Disaster
Cybercrime has never been more prevalent – or more devastating. here’s a quick highlight reel featuring the greatest hits of cybercrime for the last few weeks, and how they could have been avoided.
A recent spate of ransomware attacks has crippled transit in Philadelphia, Unleashed a massive disaster at charitable institutions, shut down school systems, and even cost someone their life in Germany.
Unlocked or poorly secured database fueled massive data leaks as neglected Elasticsearch servers and AW3 buckets spilled data from colleges, marketing companies, healthcare providers, news platforms, professional associations and even cybersecurity companies failed at security basics.
Both malicious insiders and accidental actors have been up to no good at businesses around the world. Disgruntled employees stole medical records, ran pay-to-play systems access scams, and released sensitive data on social media. Accidental actors weren’t much better as they made enormous email sending blunders, gave up passwords like Halloween candy, and clicked on everything.
These cybersecurity incidents can all be chalked up to one main cause, the number one reason for cybersecurity disasters: human error. Whether they were caused by neglect, negligence, ignorance, or spite all of these breaches were preventable with a quality cybersecurity awareness training program including phishing resistance training.
Over 80% of businesses have experienced an increase in cybercrime in 2020. Phishing alone is up more than 660%. Ransomware has jumped 148%. And cloud-based attacks, often fueled by Dark Web data dumps full of compromised passwords, are up 625%. Threats lurk around every corner, yet 65% of businesses don’t do enough security awareness training – and 45% don’t do any at all.
Learn how to get your business ready to grow, make it more resilient, and set yourself up for success in 2021 from Channel superstars at Skout’s REBOUND 2020 – exclusively sponsored by ID Agent! REGISTER NOW>>>
Major cybersecurity disasters are caused by staffers undertrained in cybersecurity awareness, especially phishing resistance. But I don’t even know where to start…
We do. Start improving your staff’s cybersecurity risk awareness with training to stop today’s biggest security threat: phishing. Phishing resistance training with BullPhish ID is easy, with simple remote management and effective lessons for employees at every level.
- Regular security awareness training reduces cybersecurity incidents by 70%
- Phishing resistance training makes staffers 84% less likely to fall for phishing
- 90% of all incidents that end in a data breach start with a phishing email
- BullPhish ID automatically includes 80 phishing kits and 50 security video campaigns, with 4 added every month
- Training including engaging video lessons and online retention testing is available in 8 languages
Don’t waste another day leaving your business vulnerable to cyberattacks that could have been prevented with better employee security awareness training. Make the small investment in BullPhish ID now that could save you a fortune in dodged cyberattacks later.
These Webinars Can Help You Prevent Cybercriminals from Scooping up your Data and Your Profits.
How Phishing and Security Awareness Training Can Reduce Your Largest Attack Surface: Your Employees.
- Learn how phishing resistance training makes immediate security improvements
- See our easy phishing campaign management interface up close
- Get the scoop on today’s nastiest threats
Phishing Confidential: Offensive and Defensive Playbooks of a Phishing Attack Revealed
- Go inside the mind of a hacker
- See how phishing is planned and unleashed
- Learn how to mount an effective defense
Unveiling Cybercrime Markets on the Dark Web
- See the origins of spear phishing and other data-powered attacks
- Learn how easy it is to become a phishing target
- Go deep into Dark Web markets to see why phished passwords and stolen data are such hot commodities
Take a crash course in ransomware threats!
Download the eBook “Ransomware 101” now >>
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT LAST WEEK MSPs: Don’t miss the final installment in A Cybersecurity Trilogy- A Cybersecurity Trilogy: PLAN – The Rise of Technology Webinar. Premiering 11/10/20 RESERVE YOUR SEAT TODAY>>
Our Partners typically realize ROI in 30 days or less. Contact us today to learn why 3,000 MSPs in 30+ countries choose to Partner with ID Agent!
See our innovative, cost-effective digital risk protection platform in action.
Contact us to schedule a one-on-one call to see how we can grow your business.
Our Partners and Channel colleagues have valuable insight into cybersecurity today – and great stories to tell! Contribute a guest post to our blog and let’s hear all about it!