Acquisition advances Kaseya’s complete suite of integrated, best-in-class, cost-effective IT security solutions for MSPs and internal IT
Las Vegas – CONNECT IT – May 6, 2019 – Kaseya®, the leading provider of complete IT infrastructure management solutions for managed service providers (MSPs) and internal IT organizations, today announced the acquisition of ID Agent, the leading threat intelligence and identity monitoring provider.
With this announcement, Kaseya furthers its IT security management solution by combining user protection and infrastructure protection into a single comprehensive security suite. ID Agent’s award-winning products, including Dark Web ID™, the channel’s number one dark web monitoring platform, and BullPhish ID™, a first-of-its-kind phishing simulator and security awareness platform,join with Kaseya’s AuthAnvil identity and access management for multi-factor authentication (MFA), password vaulting, and single sign-on to provide complete protection for users — who are often the weakest link in the security chain.
Kaseya Security Manager completes the offering by extending protection to computer and network infrastructure, including network scanning, vulnerability assessments, detection of unauthorized user activity or software installations,to ensure the protection of servers, endpoints, and network devices.
By utilizing Kaseya’s IT Complete Suite, SMBs, and the MSPs who service them, can completely protect their networks and sensitive data from cybercriminals and ransomware attacks with:
- ID Agent Dark Web ID – combines human and sophisticated Dark Web intelligence with search capabilities to identify, analyze and proactively monitor for an organization’s compromised or stolen employee and customer data.
- ID Agent BullPhish ID – compliments that data with simulated phishing attacks and security awareness training campaigns to educate employees, making them the best defense against cybercrime.
- AuthAnvil Identity and Access Management – secures user access using MFA, password vaulting, and single sign-on.
- Kaseya Security Manager – scans and secures networks, servers, and endpoints from unauthorized changes and cyberattacks.
- Kaseya RMM 2.0 – patches critical vulnerabilities in OSes and third party software solutions.
- Kaseya Unified Backup – backup and disaster recovery for sensitive data with built-in ransomware protection
- Kaseya Office 365 Backup – protects user credentials, email, unified communication, and shared documents.
- Kaseya Compliance Manager – audits and documents key processes to ensure continuous compliance with industry standards such as HIPAA, GDPR, and NIST best practices.
According to IBM‘s annual X-Force Threat Intelligence Index, employees unwittingly account for two-thirds of all records comprised putting human error as the leading cause of security breaches. To meet the growing need to provide optimum external protection and internal training, managed security is expected to grow 400 percent to $30 billion in 2020, according to MarketsandMarkets™. Kaseya’s Powered Services for Security, also being announced this week, offers MSPs the most complete framework of its kind with new “Done for You” sales and marketing combined with out-of-the-box service delivery aimed to help MSPs grow their Security as a Service business and revenues.
“We’re thrilled to add ID Agent, our fifth market-leading acquisition in the last 18 months, to the Kaseya family and to integrate its visionary cybersecurity solutions into IT Complete, our platform to help IT organizations simplify their tech stack by providing everything an IT department could want -and more,” said Fred Voccola, CEO, Kaseya. “What Kevin and his team have built with ID Agent is truly outstanding and its offerings are a natural fit for Kaseya as we continue to innovate our IT Complete offering to help our customers meet the challenge of implementing secure, adaptive, and scalable cybersecurity solutions under one pane of glass.”
ID Agent will continue to operate under its existing, well-known brand. Its team will continue to be led by founder and CEO Kevin Lancaster from its headquarters in Bowie, MD.
“We’re so excited to be joining with Kaseya. The marriage of ID Agent with Kaseya’s existing security stack, will give external and internal service providers greater opportunity to be leaders in cybersecurity protection by staying ahead of emerging threats with powerful, cost-effective services,” said Kevin Lancaster, CEO, ID Agent. “This combination bolsters the IT Complete platform and adds to the tremendous momentum that has seen Kaseya grow to more than 40,000 customers worldwide.”
To help MSPs and internal IT teams cut through the noise, Kaseya has adapted and mapped its family of security solution to NIST’s Cybersecurity Framework — the most widely accepted and scalable set of industry best practices and recommendations.
By adopting this five-part framework, Kaseya is able to quickly and effectively help customers:
- Identify: Identify, prioritize and quantify organizational risk
- Protect: Continuously identify and protect against system vulnerabilities
- Detect: Assure timely discovery of security incidents
- Respond: Quickly respond to recover from cyber threats and downtime
- Recover: Effectively restore normal operations after an incident
Kaseya® is the leading provider of complete IT infrastructure management solutions for managed service providers (MSPs) and internal IT organizations.Through its open platform and customer-centric approach, Kaseya delivers best in breed technologies that allow organizations to efficiently manage, secure,and backup IT. The Kaseya IT Complete platform is the industry’s most comprehensive, integrated solution suite purposely engineered to help IT both run and grow the business. It empowers businesses to command all of IT centrally, easily manage remote and distributed environments, simplify backup and disaster recovery, and automate across IT management functions. Kaseya solutions manage over 10 million endpoints worldwide. Headquartered in Dublin,Ireland and Miami, FL, Kaseya is privately held with a presence in over 20 countries. To learn more, visit www.kaseya.com.
ID Agent provides Dark Web monitoring and identity theft protection solutions, available exclusively through the reseller channel, to private and public organizations and millions of individuals at risk of cyber incidents. Its flagship product, Dark Web ID, delivers Dark Web intelligence to identify, analyze and monitor for compromised or stolen employee and customer data, mitigating exposure to enterprise clients’ most valuable asset – their digital identity. The company’s SpotLight ID provides personal identity protection and restoration for employees and customers while enhancing their overall cybersecurity awareness as well as further safeguarding corporate systems. For more information, visit www.idagent.com.