The Combination of EDR and Managed SOC is Magic
Cybersecurity is one of the biggest concerns for business leaders in today’s digital world. It doesn’t matter what size a company is or what industry it belongs to — cybercriminals spare no organization. Last year saw a 38% increase in cyberattacks globally while small and medium-sized businesses experienced a whopping 424% increase in cyberattacks in the last two years. With threats increasing in frequency and sophistication, business leaders must also contend with a shortage of cybersecurity talent and tight budgets. These factors make it more difficult for companies to protect their data, users and operations. Thankfully, managed SOC provides an alternative.
Learn how to spot today’s most dangerous cyberattack & get defensive tips in Phishing 101 GET EBOOK>>
What is managed SOC?
Today’s security landscape is volatile and fast-evolving. Every business needs a security operations center (SOC) — a hub for all security activity. A SOC is made of personnel, processes and tools that continuously monitor all parts of an IT infrastructure for threats and suspicious activity to respond to them and prevent data loss incidents or security breaches. Because of rising cyberthreats, even small organizations require a SOC.
However, they may not always be able to build one of their own. After all, building a SOC requires considerable resources and investment. plus, with the cybersecurity talent shortage persisting, it can be challenging for a company that chooses to build its own SOC to find the right personnel to staff it. Managed SOC offers an alternative for businesses that, for strategic or financial reasons, wish to avoid choose to avoid the headache and expense of setting up an internal SOC.
Follow the path to see how Managed SOC heroically defends businesses from cyberattacks. GET INFOGRAPHIC>>
Why businesses choose managed SOC
Outsourcing security duties to a managed SOC offers businesses several benefits:
- Reduced costs — Companies don’t have to invest in hiring security experts or expensive solutions.
- Expert monitoring — A managed SOC comprises security personnel who have “been there and done that,” so they usually know the best way to deal with threats and issues. They also usually use the latest and best tools to ensure protection for their clients and safeguard their reputation.
- Round-the-clock security — Attacks generally happen on Fridays, weekends or holidays when hackers expect the least resistance. However, a managed SOC typically operates 24/7/365, so you’re always protected.
- Increased business focus — Once a business gets its security concerns out of the way, it can focus on other, more important business objectives like growing sales or improving service delivery.
- Pay only for services you use — Although it’s always a good idea to have as many layers in your cyberdefense as possible to mitigate maximum risks, you may choose, and more importantly pay for, only those security solutions that meet specific needs to cut costs.
Find out how Datto EDR helps with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance. GET INFO>>
How does a managed SOC work?
A managed SOC helps clients keep their business safe by:
- Collecting data from multiple sources — The more data a managed SOC gathers, the more capable it becomes of identifying threats. Hence, a managed SOC gathers data from firewalls, web gateways and endpoints.
- Analyzing data — Data is only useful when it’s used for definite purposes. Analysts working at a managed SOC analyze data in real-time using artificial intelligence and other technologies to ensure all security processes operate optimally and without vulnerabilities. In other words, they use data to enhance security for clients.
- Analyzing threats — SOC analysts use intelligence feeds and malware analysis tools to investigate potential threats. They weed out false positives, identify real threat indicators and judge the severity and impact of potential threats.
- Raising alerts — As soon as a threat is identified, the managed SOC alerts the affected client and helps conduct preliminary assessments to develop an incident response plan.
- Aiding response — A managed SOC also helps clients implement the incident response plan to block malicious traffic, disconnect infected systems, prevent further damage and restore operations.
Explore the nuts and bolts of ransomware and see how a business falls victim to an attack. GET EBOOK>>
Complementing managed SOC with EDR
Endpoint detection and response (EDR) is a security solution that helps detect suspicious activity on endpoints. It helps identify and respond to malware, ransomware and other threats.
Like managed SOC, EDR also works by collecting data on endpoints. However, the two solutions are different. They’re both powerful on their own, but they complement each other to enhance cybersecurity for any IT team or SOC using them together.
Both managed SOC and EDR give different views into the threat landscape. While managed SOC offers comprehensive protection by bringing security experts, processes and technologies together, EDR takes a more focused approach to identifying and remedying threats on laptops, servers and other devices. Together, however, they provide greater visibility into IT infrastructures and raise the level of threat intelligence. They also help IT teams and SOCs to respond to issues faster and more effectively.
Get the scoop on 5 of the worst email-based attacks plus tips to protect businesses from them. GET INFOGRAPHIC>>
Benefits of deploying managed SOC and EDR together
There are many benefits of choosing to implement both EDR and a managed SOC including:
- Comprehensive threat protection: Leveraging the two solutions together helps get a macro and micro view of potential threats. While managed SOC works to identify threats in the cloud, in your network and across your entire infrastructure, EDR helps detect issues in endpoints like laptops and servers.
- Rapid and effective incident response: EDR enables quick response to security breaches and threats at an endpoint level. However, combining it with managed SOC makes it possible to get a more holistic view of the issue at hand, enabling you to deal with it more effectively.
- Improved threat intelligence: The two solutions may be likened to camera lenses with different focal lengths. They focus on different parts of the IT infrastructure, bringing different issues to light. Together, they provide more clues into potential problems and how to best deal with them. They also weed out false positives by providing contextual information and details on potential problems.
- Simplifies cybersecurity: Leveraging managed SOC and EDR together in a joint solution reduces the reliance on disparate solutions and centralizes security data, making it easier to find the information needed to quickly respond to issues and thwart attacks.
What cybercriminal tricks do employees fall for in phishing simulations? Find out in this infographic. GET IT>>
Getting the most out of managed SOC and EDR with Kaseya
Datto EDR was designed to protect all endpoints from servers to desktops and notebooks, regardless of their operating system. It integrates seamlessly with Kaseya Managed SOC powered by RocketCyber to protect businesses against even the most elusive cyberthreats.
The two solutions are priced right to be cost-effective for businesses of all sizes. They offer greater cybersecurity by adopting a layered defense-in-depth approach that provides greater visibility and responsiveness to issues.
Learn more about how Datto EDR and Managed SOC work perfectly together in this data sheet DOWNLOAD IT>>
Read case studies of MSPs and businesses that have conquered challenges using Kaseya’s Security Suite. SEE CASE STUDIES>>
Our Partners typically realize ROI in 30 days or less. Contact us today to learn why 3,850 MSPs in 30+ countries choose to Partner with ID Agent!
Check out an on-demand video demo of BullPhish ID or Dark Web ID WATCH NOW>>
See Graphus in action in an on-demand video demo WATCH NOW>>
Book your demo of Dark Web ID, BullPhish ID, RocketCyber or Graphus now!