Endpoint Detection and Response is a Must-Have to Avoid Expensive Trouble
In today’s dynamic business world, conventional centralized security systems are no longer reliable for defending dispersed IT environments. This brings endpoint security to the fore as threat actors have been targeting endpoints more often to breach an organization’s defenses. Endpoint devices such as laptops, point-of-sale systems, virtual environments, smartphones, tablets and routers may often be more susceptible to cyberattacks because an organization’s traditional security measures do not adequately protect them.
See why EDR is the perfect investment to make in your future right now in our buyer’s guide. DOWNLOAD IT>>
Cover all of the access points to your environment
Endpoints are gateways to an organization’s networks, and they come in a wide variety of flavors. Hackers are capitalizing on that diversity to launch an increasing number of endpoint-focused attacks. These reasons illustrate the importance of taking endpoint security seriously.
- Increase in the remote workforce: The internet has made remote work pretty darn easy, and more and more organizations are adopting a work-from-anywhere policy. While this arrangement sounds ideal, it exposes organizations to many vulnerabilities that can lead to cyberattacks.
- Enhanced manual intervention: The old saying, ‘To err is human,’ can be a bane for endpoints. Employees may make mistakes like interacting with phishing emails and downloading malware on their devices, making endpoint protection essential for organizations.
- Endpoints are used for various networks: Although most companies limit the networks their employees can access, every employee does not adhere to them strictly. And a company’s cyberdefense is only as strong as its weakest link. Cybercriminals can get through a company’s network even if one of the employees accesses a malware-laden network. That’s why endpoint monitoring and protection is essential.
- Increase in insider threats: As insiders are privy to business-critical data, any loss can be detrimental to an organization. According to Verizon’s 2022 Data Breach Investigations Report, malicious employees contribute to 20% of data breaches. The attacks that insiders are involved in are, on average, ten times bigger than those conducted by external actors. Without proper endpoint security measures, an organization cannot protect its resources from insider threats.
Explore how AI technology helps businesses mount a strong defense against phishing GET INFOGRAPHIC>>
How can endpoints be protected?
Organizations can protect their endpoints effectively via a combination of network and device-level defenses. At the network level, organizations can stipulate security policies about the authorization of access to restrict unauthorized access to their network. Also, organizations must ensure that all their endpoints are updated with the latest security measures to ensure hackers cannot leverage a vulnerability.
To minimize human error, security awareness training can ensure that employees do not interact with malicious content or divulge their credentials to hackers. An effective security awareness training program helps organizations greatly reduce the chance of an employee action leading to disaster.
In addition, endpoint detection and response (EDR) solutions can help organizations monitor, control and protect their endpoints against incoming cyberattacks. Here are some of the essential features of an effective endpoint protection solution:
- Anti-malware: Endpoint protection solutions should detect and prevent malware from entering an organization’s systems before employees can interact with it.
- Behavioral analytics: Behavioural analytics is essential for endpoint protection solutions as many malware variants, such as ransomware have a typical behavioral pattern that makes them detectable without signatures.
- Firewall and application control: The firewall and application control feature enables network segmentation and traffic blocking based on security policy and application-specific rules.
- URL filtering: URL filtering helps block malicious and inappropriate websites, saving organizations from phishing attacks and improper web usage on corporate devices.
Datto EDR protects your endpoints effectively
Datto EDR provides effective endpoint detection and response in an affordable, easy-to-use, manage and deploy package. It provides advanced threat detection to help organizations detect and mitigate threats to reduce potential damage.
Unlike other EDR products that are built for large-scale enterprise teams, Datto EDR is purpose-built for MSPs. That eliminates many major EDR issues, such as high-cost, management complexity and alert fatigue. Each alert comes with a quick, easy-to-execute set of response guidelines to support cybersecurity teams in isolating infected hosts, terminating processes and collecting additional evidence.
As many as 77% of advanced threats bypass up-to-date antivirus products. Datto EDR enables you to detect and respond to sophisticated attacks. With its built-in continuous endpoint monitoring and behavioral analysis, MSPs deliver comprehensive endpoint defense.
Demonstrate Your Value: The Datto EDR dashboard provides insight into the suspicious behavior that has been detected and stopped on your customers’ endpoints. By communicating this information to them, your value to your client will be kept top-of-mind.
Eliminate Zero Day Threats: With new threats being developed and released into the wild every day, rest assured knowing that even the most advanced threats are caught by Datto EDR.
Focus on What Matters: You don’t have to be a security expert to get security expertise. Datto EDR Smart Recommendations ™ eliminate alert fatigue, empowering you to focus on what matters most.
Improve Security Compliance: Datto EDR highlights smart recommendations for security best practices to make security standard compliance easy. Many cyber insurance policies require minimum endpoint protection standards.
How much is data really worth on the dark web? Find out in The IT Professionals Guide to the Dark Web! GET EBOOK>>
Protect your employees from falling into phishing traps with BullPhish ID
BullPhish ID is an affordable security awareness training solution and the industry leader in phishing simulations. This solution contains all the tools IT professionals need to run great training programs. The wide variety of training materials ensures that employees gain cybersecurity knowledge and compliance skills quickly while developing their phishing resistance to protect organizations from phishing-based cybercrime. The robust array of features, including automated delivery, ensures that running a training program is a snap for you.
Read case studies of MSPs and businesses that have conquered challenges using Kaseya’s Security Suite. SEE CASE STUDIES>>
Our Partners typically realize ROI in 30 days or less. Contact us today to learn why 3,850 MSPs in 30+ countries choose to Partner with ID Agent!
Check out an on-demand video demo of BullPhish ID or Dark Web ID WATCH NOW>>
See Graphus in action in an on-demand video demo WATCH NOW>>
Book your demo of Dark Web ID, BullPhish ID, RocketCyber or Graphus now!