Remote Security Gaps Have Created Dangerous Vulnerabilities
Is your business covering all of the bases when it comes to remote and hybrid security? Many companies weren’t even close to prepared to manage IT or secure data remotely at the start of the pandemic. Then, additional complications piled up from long lockdowns that blew up maintenance schedules. Budget cuts didn’t help the cause either. This miasma of uncertainty has given way to a whole lot of companies that have security gaps – and they’re all big enough for cybercriminals to slide right into.
See how ransomware really works, who gets paid & what’s next in our tell-all Ransomware Exposed! DOWNLOAD IT>>
How’s the Foundation?
Four dangerously large gaps that companies uncovered exposed major vulnerabilities in cybersecurity fundamentals. These deficiencies notch up threat for businesses and create cybersecurity loopholes that cybercriminals will be quick to slip through. Digital News reported:
- More than 50% of organizations discovered serious gaps in employee cybersecurity awareness.
- Almost 50% of companies have done no training for employees around remote workforce risks.
- 58% of companies found that their employees ignore their cybersecurity guidelines and policies.
- 85% of CISOs admit they sacrificed cybersecurity to quickly enable employees to work remotely.
What Support Challenges Are Cropping Up?
The Cisco Future of Remote Work Report, detailed how many companies are underwater with remote support. Organizations are struggling to find and deploy the resources that they need to keeping business systems and data secure while enabling staffers to work remotely. When considering their top four challenges, companies agreed:
- 56% have security issues with company laptops and desktops
- 54% struggle to protect personal (employee-owned) devices
- 46% say customer information is difficult to protect
- 46% have trouble securing cloud applications
Is Your Password a Zero or a Hero? Learn the difference and how you can strengthen yours in Build Better Passwords. GET IT>>
Can We Fix These Problems Quickly & Affordably?
Fix Bad Security Behavior with Training
Sloppy data handling, bad email hygiene and unsafe password practices are all potential vectors for trouble. Fix that fast with training. Companies that run phishing simulations for the first time are in for a shock when they discover that 40% to 60% of their employees are likely to open malicious links or attachments. But consistent training makes a huge difference. After about 6 months of training, that percentage drops 20% to 25% and after 3 to 6 months more training, that number can drop to only 10% to 18%.
BullPhish ID makes it easy for organizations of any size to conduct security awareness training that includes phishing resistance for every user painlessly. Affordable and quick to deploy, BullPhish ID offers exactly the right blend of features to get training programs up and running fast.
- Fully customizable training simulation kits including messages, URLs, video and attachments
- Automated deployment with pre-made plug-and-play phishing kits
- Online quizzes to measure retention with crystal-clear reporting
See how to grow your business with a new revenue stream in the time it takes to drink a cup of coffee. LEARN MORE>>
Fix Major Security Gaps with Secure Identity and Access Management
One of the fastest, easiest and most comprehensive ways that businesses can close security gaps fast is by adopting multifactor authentication. This single mitigation stops 99% of password-based cybercrime including account attacks, credential stuffing and brute force hacking dead in its tracks instantly, according to researchers at Microsoft. But not everyone has absorbed that message – more than 50% of companies aren’t using it.
MFA is standard with Passly, along with a host of other secure identity and access management tools that will quickly up security in days, not weeks. With Passly, businesses can feel confident that they’re taking the right precautions against password-based cybercrime including many phishing and ransomware threats as well as getting a great value. This multifunctional dynamo packs the robust features of three or more solutions into one affordable package.
- Multifactor Authentication (MFA) and Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Out-of-the-box integrations with popular PSA platforms, including Kaseya BMS, Autotask, ConnectWise and more.
- SaaS or API options with automated password resets
Stop phishing from impacting your business by stopping 40% more email from hitting your employees’ inboxes with Graphus. LEARN MORE>>
The ID Agent digital risk protection platform has the strong solutions that every business needs to protect their systems and data from today’s worst threat. Contact our solutions experts today for your personalized demonstration.
Our Partners typically realize ROI in 30 days or less. Contact us today to learn why 3,850 MSPs in 30+ countries choose to Partner with ID Agent!
Is your password compromised? Find out in seconds!
Book your demo of Dark Web ID, BullPhish ID and Passly now!