These 10 alarming statistics about phishing in 2020 can help you fight back against cybercriminals who are coming to loot your data.
Phishing is 2020’s biggest threat. An economic downturn, COVID-19 anxiety, and the new challenges of securing a remote workforce have opened up new waters for bad actors to trawl. As these alarming statistics about phishing in 2020 show, their haul has been plentiful.
Learn the Secret of How Cybercriminals Trick You Into Falling for Phishing Messages!
10 Phishing Facts You Need To Know in 2020
- More than 80% of all cyberattacks are phishing attacks
- Phishing attacks have increased over 600% since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic
- 65% of organizations have experienced a phishing attack in the last year
- A new phishing attack is launched every 39 seconds
- An estimated 90% of cyberattacks that result in data breach begin with a phishing email
- 94% of phishing emails use malicious file attachments as the payload or infection source
- Google estimates it blocks 18 million COVID-19 scam emails a day from its 1.5 billion users
- 60% of businesses lose unrecoverable data as the result of a phishing attack
- 75% of phishing targets are found through web searches or common email address formats
- 65% of cybercriminals use phishing as their primary form of attack
If Cybersecurity is Like a Game, Shouldn’t You Play to Win? Here’s How to Do It.
Blow Phishing Threats Out of the Water With BullPhish ID
What’s the best way to avoid catastrophe from a phishing attack? Never let it get started. By ensuring that staffers are savvy to the phishing threats that they might face, you’ll reduce your chance of experiencing a phishing-related cybersecurity disaster by up to 70%. Security awareness training is proven to be a top mitigation for phishing – as long as it’s refreshed every 4 months or less.
BullPhish ID makes that easy, with simple remote management and more than 80 plug-and-play phishing simulation kits. Through a combination of engaging video and online testing, with 4 new kits added every month, it’s a breeze to train staffers to resist today’s nastiest cybercriminal scams like COVID-19 threats. Plus, 27 of the videos are available in 8 languages because phishing is a universal menace.
Our Partners typically realize ROI in 30 days or less. Contact us today to learn why 3,850 MSPs in 30+ countries choose to Partner with ID Agent!
See our innovative, cost-effective digital risk protection solutions in action.
Contact us for an expert analysis of your company security needs and a report on your Dark Web exposure!