Get Peace of Mind That You Won’t Face Cyber Surprises During Your Time Off
The advantages of 24-hour monitoring and incident response in cybersecurity are paramount in the ever-evolving digital landscape. With cyberthreats becoming more sophisticated and persistent, continuous monitoring ensures a proactive stance against potential security breaches 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays. In fact, most ransomware attacks take place outside of traditional business hours. Bad actors are always looking for a potential security weakness to exploit, and carrying out attacks during “off hours” is one of their favorite moves. But it is possible to gain peace of mind that your weekend isn’t going to get disrupted with continuous threat monitoring.
In The Educator’s Guide to Cybersecurity, see the cyber threats that schools face & how to mitigate them. DOWNLOAD IT>>
Constant vigilance is a must because cybercriminals never take a day off
Weekends and holidays, typically associated with relaxation and time away from work, have paradoxically become prime time for cyberattacks, particularly ransomware assaults. The ability to detect and respond to incidents in real-time, at any time, is crucial for minimizing the impact of cyberattacks. These five reasons illustrate why cybercriminals favor cyberattacks during evenings, weekends and holidays.
1. The illusion of downtime
- Weekends and holidays often create a false sense of security, with many organizations reducing staffing levels and scaling back operations.
- Cybercriminals capitalize on this perceived downtime, launching attacks when defenses may be less vigilant.
- Over 40% of ransomware attacks in the first half of 2023 involved bad actors deploying ransomware on a Friday or Saturday.
2. Reduced capacity for monitoring and response
- During weekends and holidays, the pace of monitoring and incident response tends to slow down.
- Cybercriminals exploit this delay, seeking to infiltrate systems and launch ransomware attacks with a higher chance of success.
- Bad actors know it may be a challenge to get hold of key personnel required for executing an incident response.
Learn about the top cyber threats K-12 schools face and how to mitigate them. DOWNLOAD INFOGRAPHIC>>
3. Skeleton staffing
- Many businesses operate with reduced staffing during weekends and holidays, making it easier for attackers to go undetected.
- In a recent survey, half of the respondents reported being staffed at levels below 33% during off hours, and 20% of companies cut security staffing by 90% from normal weekday levels.
- The scarcity of personnel may hinder a swift and effective response to an unfolding cyberthreat.
4. An increase in remote work
- The rise of remote work has expanded the attack surface since employees access corporate networks from various locations.
- Cybercriminals seize the opportunity to exploit potential weaknesses in remote setups during weekends and holidays.
- One-fifth of businesses have fallen victim to a cyberattack caused by remote work.
5. Strategic timing for maximum impact
- Cybercriminals strategically time ransomware attacks during weekends or holidays to maximize disruption and chaos.
- The aftermath of an attack during a period of reduced operational capacity amplifies the impact on businesses.
- Striking through a zero-day exploit outside of regular business hours can give bad actors extra time to capitalize on it before a tech company can release a patch.
See the path from a cyberattack to a defensive success with managed SOC in this infographic. GET IT>>
More than half of businesses lost $50,000 or more to a cyber incident in 2023
Lost revenue, lost productivity and recovery expenses are three major reasons why businesses need to minimize cybersecurity incidents. About 56% of respondents lost $50,000 or more in a cybersecurity incident. Scaling up, just over one-third of respondents (39%) lost $100,00 or more and 21% lost a whopping $250,000 or more. In today’s challenging economy, no business can afford this kind of monetary loss, making high-quality cybersecurity safeguards mission-critical.
If you’ve experienced a cybersecurity incident, what was the total cost to the business, including lost revenue, lost productivity and recovery?
|Total cost of cybersecurity incident
|Less than $10,000
|$10,000 to less than $50,000
|$50,000 to less than $100,000
|$100,000 to less than $250,000
|$250,000 to less than $500,000
|$500,000 to $1 million
|$1 million or more
|We have not experienced a cybersecurity incident
See the challenges companies face & how they’re overcoming them in The Kaseya Security Survey Report 2023 DOWNLOAD IT>>
What are the benefits of a 24/7/365 managed SOC?
As cyberthreats continue to evolve, the implementation of a 24/7/365 managed security operations center (SOC) emerges as a linchpin in safeguarding businesses from cybersecurity trouble and an invaluable resource that offers multifaceted benefits.
Proactive threat detection and prevention: A 24/7/365 managed SOC ensures continuous monitoring of networks, swiftly identifying and neutralizing potential threats. Proactive threat detection allows MSPs to thwart cyberattacks before they escalate, safeguarding the integrity of client data and infrastructure.
Faster incident response times: The real-time monitoring capabilities of a managed SOC enable MSPs to respond swiftly to security incidents. Rapid incident response is crucial in minimizing damage, preventing data breaches and maintaining the resilience of client networks.
Improved threat analysis and mitigation strategies: The expertise of a dedicated SOC team enhances the depth and accuracy of threat analysis, especially in combination with tools like endpoint detection and response (EDR). With comprehensive threat intelligence and advanced tools, MSPs can formulate robust mitigation strategies, staying one step ahead of evolving cyberthreats.
Every business faces insider risk, from employee mistakes to malicious acts. Learn how to mitigate it. DOWNLOAD EBOOK>>
Reduced costs and resource allocation for in-house security: Outsourcing security operations to a managed SOC can significantly reduce costs associated with building and maintaining an in-house security infrastructure. MSPs can optimize resource allocation, redirecting personnel and funds toward core business functions while still ensuring top-tier cybersecurity.
Enhanced visibility and compliance: A managed SOC provides unparalleled visibility into network activities, identifying potential vulnerabilities and compliance issues. The compliance process becomes more streamlined, and the risk of non-compliance with rules like data privacy statutes and insurance requirements is reduced, bolstering a business or MSP’s overall security posture.
MSPs and businesses must consider the threat posed by cyberattacks outside of traditional business hours and the cyberthreats posed by remote work in any defensive plan. Smart IT professionals know that businesses benefit from getting all the help they can in the event of cybersecurity trouble to facilitate a speedy and smooth incident response that minimizes downtime and loss. A world-class managed SOC is exactly what an MSP or business needs when the chips are down.
Learn how to spot today’s most dangerous cyberattack & get defensive tips in Phishing 101 GET EBOOK>>
RocketCyber Managed SOC puts major expertise to work for you without the major price tag
RocketCyber Managed SOC puts the power of years of expertise at your fingertips without breaking the bank. Stop advanced threats with a world-class managed detection and response (MDR) solution that offers an innovative, affordable and effective way to power up your security. RocketCyber’s Managed SOC leverages RocketCyber’s Threat Monitoring Platform to detect malicious and suspicious activity across three critical attack vectors: endpoint, network and cloud.
By partnering with us, you gain access to an elite team of cybersecurity veterans that will help you hunt for threats and triage them. They will be available 24/7/365 to dive in immediately and work with your team when actionable threats are discovered.
RocketCyber Managed SOC includes:
- Continuous monitoring: Round-the-clock protection with real-time advanced threat detection.
- Expertise on-demand: Get the cybersecurity expertise you need to keep your organization out of trouble without adding to your headcount.
- Breach detection: Thwart sophisticated and advanced threats that bypass traditional AV and perimeter security solutions.
- Threat hunting: Focus on other pressing matters while an elite cybersecurity team proactively hunts for malicious activities.
- Actionable intelligence: Alerts align with the MITRE ATT&CK framework, bringing clarity that enables a fast response.
- No hardware requirements: Patent-pending, cloud-based technology eliminates the need for costly and complex on-premises hardware.
Best of all, you can choose the trial option to see how it will solve your challenges. Book a demo now!
Read case studies of MSPs and businesses that have conquered challenges using Kaseya’s Security Suite. SEE CASE STUDIES>>
Our Partners typically realize ROI in 30 days or less. Contact us today to learn why 3,850 MSPs in 30+ countries choose to Partner with ID Agent!
Check out an on-demand video demo of BullPhish ID or Dark Web ID WATCH NOW>>
See Graphus in action in an on-demand video demo WATCH NOW>>
Book your demo of Dark Web ID, BullPhish ID, RocketCyber or Graphus now!