Phishing is today’s top cybersecurity threat. Use these phishing facts about its exponential growth in 2020 to trim your sails and avoid getting caught in a cybercriminal’s net.
For National Go Fishing Day, you might plan to head out on the river to relax and hook a few trout. But don’t relax your cybersecurity defense, because phishing is definitely in season. Cybercriminals have improved their bait to mount sophisticated attacks against targets of every size in every industry. An economic downturn, COVID-19 anxiety, and the new challenges of securing a remote workforce have opened up new waters for bad actors to trawl, and as these phishing facts show, their catch has been plentiful.
Continuing education about today’s threats is essential. Our whitepaper “One Phish, Two Phish” explains why including steps that you can take immediately to boost your defenses. DOWNLOAD IT>>
A perfect storm of chaotic world conditions and uncertainty means that phishing is making a huge splash in cybersecurity in 2020. These 10 phishing facts illustrate how important it is to take steps now to mitigate today’s tidal wave of phishing attacks.
10 Phishing Facts You Need To Know in 2020
- More than 80% of all cyberattacks are phishing attacks
- Phishing attacks have increased over 600% since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Almost 65% of organizations have experienced a phishing attack in the last year
- A new phishing attack is attempted every 39 seconds
- An estimated 90% of cyberattacks that result in data breach begin with a phishing email
- 94% of phishing emails use malicious file attachments as the payload or infection source
- Google estimates it blocks 18 million COVID-19 scam emails a day from its 1.5 billion users
- COVID-19 has become the biggest phishing topic in history
- 75% of phishing targets are found through web searches or common email address formats
- 65% of cybercriminals use phishing as their primary form of attack
Phishing is a danger for everyone. Help kids learn to spot phishing attempts and how to keep their personal information safe in our new coloring book “Phishing With Billy the Bull” DOWNLOAD IT NOW>>
The Essential Truth About Phishing: The single most effective way to stop phishing attacks is user training
Quality training to teach users to spot and stop phishing attacks is the biggest boost that any company can add to its cybersecurity defenses. Remote workers are especially vulnerable to phishing threats. By training users to react correctly to the different tricks that bad actors use in phishing attempts and by keeping that training up to date, companies build the strongest possible defense against phishing – a well-trained staff.
BullPhish ID is the ideal choice for companies to train staffers to defend against phishing, especially remote workers.
BullPhish ID features more than 80 phishing training and testing kits and 50 security video campaigns to train your staff to defend against a variety of styles of phishing threat. We’ve even got 27 of the videos now available in 8 languages, because phishing is a universal menace. ID Agent has also added COVID-19 scam testing and training content, and we’ll keep updating our training and testing tools in BullPhish ID as new phishing attack threats emerge to keep your staff from getting caught.
See BULLPHISH ID in action in this 10-minute technical demonstration video WATCH NOW>>