These 10 Password Security Statistics Prove That Your “Password Protected” Data Isn’t Safe.
Even as cybersecurity threats have grown and evolved, many businesses haven’t evolved their strategies for keeping their systems and data safe. Companies are still relying on passwords alone to be an effective security measure – and that is a mistake that could lead to an expensive disaster like a data breach fast. Today’s password security statistics tell the real story of how dangerous that outdated thinking can be.
Don’t rely on just a password for data loss prevention. It’s completely outdated. You wouldn’t use an old-fashioned lock to secure your office door – why are you relying on an old-fashioned lock to secure your data? See how password risk has evolved with the help of the Dark Web to learn why you need to upgrade your security from “password protected” to “secure identity and access management solution defended”.
You probably thought you were being smart when you made your password – but cybercriminals are smart too. Read “Is This Your Password?” to see how yours stacks up. GET THE BOOK>>
Passwords Aren’t Protection in 2020
As we’ve demonstrated before, passwords are not an effective security measure, and keeping data and systems safe in the modern threat landscape requires stronger protection. These 10 statistics clearly show that passwords are definitely not the last word in data loss prevention.
- At least 65% of people reuse passwords across multiple sites.
- A terrifying 13% of people use the same password for all passworded accounts and devices.
- About 80% of data breaches in 2019 were caused by password compromise.
- Although 91% of participants in a recent survey understand the risk of password reuse, 59% admitted to doing it anyway.
- In 2019, 42% of companies were breached by a bad password.
- Unfortunately, 48% of workers use the same passwords in both their personal and work accounts.
- Compromised passwords are responsible for 81% of hacking-related breaches.
- The average person reuses each password 14 times!
- An estimated 49% of employees only add a digit or change a character in their password when they’re required to update it.
- Passwords were leaked in about 65% of breaches in 2019.
Learn the Secret of How Cybercriminals Trick You Into Falling for Phishing Messages!
Upgrade Data Security Without Upending the IT Budget
Why buy 3 or 4 solutions to improve your access point security when you can get everything you need in 1 dynamic, affordable package with Passly? CISOs of hundreds of major companies agree: secure identity and access management has to be a top cybersecurity priority for every company.
Passly is a must-have as part of any company’s cybersecurity plan.
In today’s increasingly volatile threat landscape, no one can afford to take chances by relying on passwords to secure their systems and data – especially for protection against threats like credential stuffing. Improve your access point security fast with modern cybersecurity essentials including:
- Multifactor authentication
- Single sign-on
- Remote access management,
- Secure shared password vaults
- Seamless integration with over 1,000 applications
- Simple deployment in days, not weeks
- SEE PASSLY’S COMPLETE FEATURE LIST>>
Contact the experts at ID Agent now to learn more about secure identity and access management with Passly. Add a cost-effective secure identity and access management solution like Passly to your security stack to quickly upgrade the lock on the door to your company’s data – and lock bad actors out.
COVID-19 has changed everything – including the Dark Web. See how it has evolved and how that impacts security in our eBook. DOWNLOAD IT>>
Our Partners typically realize ROI in 30 days or less. Contact us today to learn why 3,850 MSPs in 30+ countries choose to Partner with ID Agent!
See our innovative, cost-effective digital risk protection solutions in action.
Contact us for an expert analysis of your company security needs and a report on your Dark Web exposure!