Malicious Actors Aren’t the Biggest Insider Threat of 2020. It’s Phishing Attacks.
Insider threats are a top menace to every cybersecurity plan. Even without including malicious insiders in the calculations, it’s nearly impossible to list all the ways that workers can put a business at risk of a cyberattack. But there’s one combination that’s a sure bet to be the biggest insider threat of 2020: Phishing.
Phishing attacks have been on a consistent upward trajectory since the COVID-19 pandemic began. With an over 600% increase in phishing attempts, every business needs to be looking at ways to prevent phishing attacks from landing. Spear phishing is a particular menace, especially for executives and privileged users. Keeping staff up to speed on cybersecurity training can be hard enough when everyone’s in the office but adding remote workers to the mix brings new challenges to the table.
Going remote ups the ante on insider threats. Many businesses didn’t have a comprehensive plan to go remote when the global pandemic sent everyone home, which means they definitely didn’t have a plan to continue or update phishing training for their newly remote workforce – and that’s a problem because remote workers are more likely to fall for a phishing attempt, making them significantly larger insider threat risk.
The Remote Working Cybersecurity Toolkit is a roadmap for businesses to secure their systems and data to support a remote workforce no matter where they are. DOWNLOAD IT>>
It takes a special kind of phishing training and testing solution to turn a remote worker from the “Biggest Insider Threat of 2020” to the “Biggest Data Defender of 2020”. Here’s how BullPhish ID gets the job done:
- Plug-and-play training that doesn’t require a teacher, whether you’re in the office or remote
- Easy-to-understand, short, visually engaging training videos
- An online quiz for each video to verify the employee’s retention of the training content
- Distance learning functionality that makes it perfect for remote workers
- Frequently updated training resources on new threats, including COVID-19
- Easy tools to build, import, and edit groups of employees for training sessions
Because we know that no two businesses are the same, BullPhish ID gives organizations the flexible training and testing options that they need to customize their training to fit their staff and their industry for a strong remote security boost.
- Over 50 video training campaigns that include a short animated video, a test, and a reply email
- More than 80 phishing kits that include a bait email, its landing page, and a reply email
- Training and testing in 8 languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish (Iberian/European), and Spanish (Latin American).
Don’t become the next victim of the biggest insider threat of 2020. The ID Agent team is ready to show you how you can benefit from Bullphish ID, the training and testing solution that beats today’s threats.