You May Want to Revise Your Cybersecurity Plan After You See These 2020 Ransomware Statistics!
If you ask a cybersecurity professional what threat keeps them up at night, the majority of them will tell you it’s ransomware. This increasing cybercrime menace is taking down organizations of every size every day, and it’s only getting worse. Here are 10 of the most important 2020 ransomware statistics to take into account as you consider how your organization plans to prevent ransomware from taking your data hostage.
Get great insight into overcoming challenges and scoring sales success from The Great One & 15k+ in prizes at MVP Growthfest 2021! April 20, 2021 12 PM ET. REGISTER NOW>>
- 65% of ransomware infections are delivered via phishing
- A ransomware attack will take place every 11 seconds by 2021
- 85% of ransomware attacks target Windows systems.
- The average cost of a ransomware attack in 2019 was $133,000
- 50% of IT professionals don’t believe that their organization is ready to defend against a ransomware attack.
- Hackers attack every 39 seconds or an average of 2,244 times a day
- Between January 1st and June 30th, 2020, ID Ransomware received 100,001 submissions relating to attacks that targeted companies and public sector organizations.
- 90 % of IT pros had clients that suffered ransomware attacks in the past year
- Ransomware costs will reach $20 billion by 2021
- 51% of businesses have been impacted by ransomware in the last year
Don’t miss these bad password lists & good password tips. DOWNLOAD IT>>
What can businesses do to avoid a ransomware attack?
One important statistic to note is the first one on the list – 65% of ransomware attacks are delivered via phishing. That’s why phishing is the biggest cybersecurity threat of 2020, making phishing resistance training a cybersecurity essential.
Don’t let your profits get kidnapped by ransomware. Learn how to defend against this devastating threat now! DOWNLOAD RANSOMWARE 101>>
Stop phishing attacks from landing to stop ransomware.
BullPhish ID is the ideal solution to train and test the phishing resistance of staffers. Scalable and cost-effective, BullPhish ID allows for easy customization of groups that are undergoing testing and training, allowing administrators to adjust training schedules for users at varying knowledge levels quickly.
BullPhish ID offers complete, plug-and-play training campaigns that include engaging videos and online testing, available in 8 languages – including training to spot COVID-19 threats. Start improving staff phishing resistance training today to quickly improve ransomware defense for the whole company tomorrow.
See the NEW BullPhish ID: unbeatable value, now updated & upgraded! SEE THE WEBINAR>>
Our Partners typically realize ROI in 30 days or less. Contact us today to learn why 3,850 MSPs in 30+ countries choose to Partner with ID Agent!
See our innovative, cost-effective digital risk protection solutions in action.
Contact us for an expert analysis of your company security needs and a report on your Dark Web exposure!