Get the facts about cybersecurity disasters in 2020 to protect your business
Emergency preparedness is essential for smooth emergency response – and the faster you respond to an emergency, the better. September is National Preparedness Month. As you’re reviewing the other disaster preparedness plans in your life, it’s time to make sure that you’ve got the facts about cybersecurity disasters in 2020 to plan for 2021.
No two cybersecurity disasters are exactly the same, but most of them share certain characteristics – and learning the facts about today’s biggest threats can help you make an effective plan. Whether you’re considering what to do if you’re impacted by phishing, ransomware, insider threats, credential stuffing, or other Dark Web dangers, These basic facts about cybersecurity disasters in 2020 can help form the cornerstone of your incident response plan and lay out parameters for what you may need to consider in your business continuity plan and future cybersecurity plans moving into 2021.
10 Essential Cybersecurity Disaster Facts:
- 41% of respondents in a survey of business owners had a cybersecurity mishap related to COVID-19
- 94% of executives say their firms have experienced a business-impacting cyber-attack or compromise within the past 12 months
- 47% of businesses reported experiencing five or more attacks in the last 12 months
- 78% of respondents said they expect an increase in cyber-attacks over the next two years
- 63% of security leaders admit it’s likely their systems suffered an unknown compromise over the past year
- 65% of attacks involved operational technology assets
- 21% of companies have adopted formal, enterprise-wide security response plans
- 74% have ad-hoc plans or no plans at all for any type of incident
- Only 39% of organizations with a formal, tested incident response plan experienced an incident, compared to 62% of those who didn’t have a plan
- Having a tested incident response plan can save 35% of the cost of an incident.
MAKE AN EFFECTIVE PLAN TO CONQUER CYBERSECURITY DISASTERS!
These resources can help you make an effective cybersecurity incident response and cybersecurity business continuity plan that ensures that your business is ready for anything that 2021 throws at you!!
Ransomware is the threat that keeps IT Pros up at night. Maybe you shouldn’t read our new book at bedtime.
Don’t take the bait from cybercriminals – see how to spot and stop phishing, today’s biggest threat!
Our Partners typically realize ROI in 30 days or less. Contact us today to learn why 3,000 MSPs in 30+ countries choose to Partner with ID Agent! LEARN MORE>>
See our innovative, cost-effective digital risk protection platform in action. WATCH DEMO VIDEOS>>
Contact us to schedule a one-on-one call to see how we can grow your business. SCHEDULE IT>>
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!